Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been charged of violent conduct by the FA. FA Statement reads… “Sergio Aguero has been charged for an alleged act of violent conduct which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video.
“The Manchester City forward was involved in an incident with West Ham United’s Winston Reid in the 76th minute of the game on Sunday (28 August 2016)
“He has until 6pm on Wednesday 31 August to reply.
“Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite match officials.
“Each panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.
“For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous.”
Other football news:
- Arsenal have signed Lucas Perez from Deportivo for £17.1m
- Hull have signed Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason for an undisclosed fee
- Mamadou Sakho has turned down moves to West Brom and Stoke
- Crystal Palace have signed Loic Remy on loan from Chelsea
- Marc Albrighton has signed a new contract with Leicester