Hi guys! For the first Premier League Weekly of the 2018/19 season I have decided to try out something different to just match reports from all of the matches over a gameweek. I will be coming up with 30 things that we learnt from the opening weekend of this season (3 from every match), so I hope you enjoy it! I would really appreciate any feedback and also can you tell me what you would like to see from next week’s Premier League Weekly please? Thanks!
Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City
- Jose Mourinho isn’t finished in Manchester just yet.
- Luke Shaw (may) have a future at Old Trafford after an excellent performance.
- Paul Pogba’s penalty run up is ridiculous.
- Rafa Benitez will be disappointed with Newcastle’s transfer window.
- Harry Kane (still) can’t score in August.
- Dele Alli loves the opening day. He has scored on it for the second year running.
Bournemouth 2-0 Cardiff City
- Cardiff are going to have a difficult season in the Premier League.
- Callum Wilson is a goal machine when he is fit.
- Bournemouth will continue to flourish under Eddie Howe.
- If Wilfried Zaha is playing, Crystal Palace will always have a chance.
- Fulham are going to need time to gel after £100m+ spending spree.
- Palace will be challenging for a top ten finish this season.
Huddersfield Town 0-3 Chelsea
- Chelsea will play flowing football under Maurizio Sarri.
- Sarri has restored Willian’s morale at Chelsea after he wanted to leave.
- Huddersfield will struggle to stay up this season after last year’s heroics.
- Watford have moved on from Richarlison pretty quickly.
- Glenn Murray is past his sell-by date.
- Brighton are going to have a hard battle on their hands to stay up.
Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Everton
- Wolves are going to provide stern opposition for everyone this season.
- Richarlison has got off to an absolute flyer at his new club.
- Ruben Neves is an absolute gem of a player.
- Jurgen Klopp’s team will probably be challenging for the Premier League title.
- Naby Keita is a wonderfully talented midfielder.
- Manuel Pellegrini may have an impossible job in East London.
Southampton 0-0 Burnley
- Football can (sometimes) be boring.
- Joe Hart may not be past his best just yet.
- Burnley are going to be as solid as ever this season.
- Man City are still an irresistible favourite for the Premier League title.
- Raheem Sterling isn’t himself in an England shirt.
- Arsenal are going to have to wait at least a season to challenge for the title.
Thanks so much for reading! Would you like to see this next week? If not, do you have any suggestions? Comment your feelings. Bye!