Hi guys! Welcome to the second ’30 Things We Learned’ of the season, where today I (surprisingly!) have three things from all ten matches that we learned over last weekend’s Premier League action. Enjoy!
Cardiff City 0-0 Newcastle United
- It is possible for one player to complete no passes in a half, almost get sent off and then miss a last minute penalty. Hats off to Newcastle’s Kenedy.
- Neil Etheridge is a penalty saving genius.
- VAR would be good for the Premier League, as there were three poor decisions in this game.
Everton 2-1 Southampton
- Richarlison has started the season excellently, so Richarlimum and Richarlidad will be proud.
- Everton are going to score plenty of goals this season.
- Danny Ings may finally prosper at Southampton.
Leicester City 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
- Wolves need an out-and-out goalscorer in their team to make the most of their potential.
- James Maddison is an excellent signing for Leicester.
- Leicester aren’t missing Riyad Mahrez (yet).
Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Fulham
- Harry Kane CAN score in August!
- Fulham need to learn to take their chances.
- Kieran Trippier’s free kicks are on another planet.
West Ham United 1-2 Bournemouth
- Callum Wilson loves August.
- West Ham have now lost more than they have won at the London Stadium.
- Bournemouth are having their customary excellent start.
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
- Unai Emery needs at least two more transfer windows to improve his team.
- Chelsea and Arsenal’s defences are poor.
- Pedro is having a resurgence under Maurizio Sarri.
Burnley 1-3 Watford
- Burnley didn’t bring in enough new players in the transfer window.
- Javi Gracia has finally been the man to unite Watford’s talented players.
- Troy Deeney and Andre Gray are a dangerous strike partnership.
Manchester City 6-1 Huddersfield Town
- Man City are going to romp plenty of teams this season.
- This season is going to be very tricky for Huddersfield to survive.
- Sergio Aguero is unstoppable when on form.
Brighton & Hove Albion 3-2 Manchester United
- Brighton love a home match against Man United.
- Jose Mourinho may be in his usual ‘Third Season Syndrome’ at United.
- United are going to struggle to challenge for the league if they don’t sort out their defence.
Crystal Palace 0-2 Liverpool
- James Milner has STILL never lost in games he has scored in, a record which stretches back to his first goal for Leeds United 16 years.
- Liverpool are going to put up a strong challenge for the title.
- When Wilfried Zaha doesn’t perform, Liverpool don’t perform.
And finally, the fact of the week… Manchester United last won a match by five or more goals in August 2011. Since then, Manchester City have done that feat 21 times!